Sunday, October 5, 2008

"The Black Community Is In Crisis"........."But I Am Still Voting For The Machine That Is Running The Show"

"Once again I was a recipient of a 'Republicans have destroyed the economy - this is an example of Republican leadership' e-mail from a co-worker of mind. I have no problem with Black folks criticizing Republicans. They deserve criticism. What I have a problem with is these same Black folks sitting through a collapse of certain institutions critical to our community - while being run by Democrats and not saying a damned thing about it.

"When Clayton County GA lost their accreditation there was not a single e-mail that rolled into my inbox telling me that the 100% Democratic school board is evidence of 'failure in governance by the Democrats'. Instead we saw what is evident within Black America: Republican failure translates into a total purge and replacement by Democrats. Democratic failure translates into that 'One Democrat' having failed and let's replace him with another Democrat."

"Thus when my friend volunteered the information that 'the Black community is in a crisis' and even pointed out how in certain metro school systems the standards have eroded - I thought for a hot minute that I had gotten through. He even agreed with me when I pointed out that a quick look at certain cities where Black folks are most concentrated shows a complete monopolization of nearly every single political office by his favored party. I struggle to understand when "We run things because this is what Black folks favor" turns into'YES we run things and we should be held accountable for the state of affairs'? Of course 'We wuz slaves' always seems to trump everything else. Especially when they are questioned as to why that little Black boy born in 2000 is behind in his reading comprehension.

"I have learned the hard way - after getting general agreement from Black folks that I dialogue with that in having such domination we need to turn from pursing power as a vehicle for CHASING after a fix for our problems into making note that people we have put into power now have the power that we entrusted into them to deliver a different set of results.....I can't beat them into seeing the contradictions that they expose in themselves. They are promoting the advancement of the very machine that already controls the situation."