Thursday, April 9, 2009

Obama administration seems to share the Bush administration's love of secrecy.

"When I said that I hoped, with all of my heart, that it would only be small things that I disagreed with. Perhaps a cabinet position, or the language used in a speech, or the kind of dog the Obama's got for their kids.

"But sadly I am finding the very same things that I despised within the Bush administration occurring in this new, more 'liberal' administration.

"Defending wiretapping? Expanding the power of the government to keep it from being sued by the people whose civil rights have been trampled on? This not the change I voted for.

"I have listened to Howard Fineman's explanation twice now but it simply does not hold water for me. I voted my heart out so that these policies would be changed, that we our rights would be protected, and that those who disrespected them would be brought to justice.

"Clearly that is not going to happen.

"These are not small disappointments in the eyes of the people who voted for Barack Obama.

"Defending the claim of 'state secrets' is like a slap in the face to all of us who worked so hard to put this administration into place. Promises were made, and now they are being broken.

That is not 'change we can believe in'. That is the same old broken politic promises that we have all been subjected to time and time again."