Saturday, October 18, 2008

College associate editor says 'Obama is my Jesus'

"Great Caesar's Ghost! Has everyone gone crazy?"
-- Perry White, Managing Editor, The Daily Planet

"'Obama is my homeboy. And I'm not saying that because he's black – I'm saying that in reference to those Urban Outfitters T-shirts from a couple years ago that said, "Jesus is my homeboy." Yes, I just said it. Obama is my Jesus,' wrote Maggie Mertens in the Smithsophian's commentary section recently under the headline: 'I Will Follow Him: Obama As My Personal Jesus.'"

God help us if Obama raises the dead or walks on water.

and

"While you may be overtly religious and find this to be idol-worshipping, or may be overtly politically correct and just know that everything in that sentence could be found offensive, I'm afraid it's true anyway," she wrote....'I've officially been saved, and soon, whether they like it or not, the rest of the country will be too. I will follow him, all the way to the White House, and I'll be standing there in our nation's capital in January 2009, when Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States of America. In the name of Obama, Amen.'"

Idolatry or satire, this is not funny at all. Christians and Antichrist watchers, take note.

"Democrats, including party strategist Donna Brazile and Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., earlier made nearly identical biblical comparisons of the characters in this presidential election, which Limbaugh traced back to a Sept. 4 posting on a Washington blog.

"'Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus,' Cohen said during a one-minute speech on the floor of the U.S. House. 'Pontius Pilate was a governor.'"

Message to Dona Brazile and Steve Cohen: Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, both Democrats, were governors too. As a matter of fact, Woodrow Wilson, another Democrat, was governor of New Jersey, and he segregated the Federal Government after he took office as President.

Why does not the DNC website talk about that?