Friday, April 10, 2009

President Obama You're Beginning to Look like Bush in a Good Guy's Clothing

"Dear President Obama;

"I'm writing you this letter with the friendliest of intentions. I, like many of my fellow Americans, understand that not every problem faced by the people of this country is the fault of the government. But, since no one single entity has the sway that's enjoyed by government, I'd liketo voice some of my concerns, here in a public forum, where responses are welcome from all.

"I'd like to believe that the campaign promises you made were genuine. When I heard you on the campaign trail you talked of change coming to Washington. You promised to close Guantanamo. You said you were going to end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. You promised to protect Free-Market Capitalism.

"But, President Obama, I fear that you've done what countless other American politicians have done. You've made the promises to the American People that they wanted to hear, to get elected, and now that you're in office you're going to do otherwise anyway.

"Guantanamo's still being ran the same as usual. One of the first things you did, as far as the war is concerned, was to send more troops to Afghanistan. Recent legislation doesn't resemble anything that's going to protect our Liberty Loving Republic. No. In fact it appears quite the opposite.

"Mr Obama is it simply too dangerous to close Guantanamo Bay Prison? Is that why it's not been done yet? If that's true, then what you'd said on the campaign trail must not have been very well researched. Silly me. I thought, these past eight years, that making bad choices on bad information was a 'Republican' trick.

"President Obama, were you to explain to me, that the situation overseas simply requires more troops I can understand. It's a nasty war against a bunch of folks that see dying in a ridiculous 'jihad' as a tremendous honor. But then, doesn't that beg the question, that your campaign promises weren't based on reality in the first place? Were you just telling us all what you thought we were wanting to hear?"

Read the rest of this ranting letter at the title link above.