Monday, March 16, 2009

Hawaii Residents are Drowning in Taxes

"Instead of downsizing government and lowering taxes, the local state government has decided to downsize government yet increase the tax burden. Have we not learned from our past mistakes? Have Americans forgotten what this great country was forged from? Is it time to revolt against bad government and remind them who pays their checks?

"When government does not have my best interests at heart by: not protecting me from crime, jeopardizing my constitutional rights, and deterring me from my pursuit of success, then they have become a hazard to all Americans. We have once again become a people that have lost its representation, yet continue to be taxed. Since when has the foundation of this country been government? The foundation of this country is people working for their own purposes and enriching society as they do."